The Ethics Consultation Support is one of Center for Bioethics and Medical Humanities (CBMH FK-KMK UGM) programs to assist professionals in identifying, analyzing, and resolving ethical dilemmas. This support is provided by a team of experts who have training and experience in humanities, ethics, legal and professional aspects of inpatient care.
Who Can Request for the Consultation Support?
Health care professionals (including physicians, nurses, midwives, and public health experts), residents, hospital ethics committee members, and medical school teachers are welcome to request this consultation support.
What Types of Issues Appropriate for the Consult?
Any ethical dilemmas are important to be resolved to overcome distress and maintain the “moral fitness” of the healthcare professionals. Below are some topics which prompt requests for ethics consultation:
• Concerns associated with end-of-life treatments (code status, advance directives, withholding/withdrawal of medical interventions, etc)
• Questions regarding surrogate decision-making
• Patient refusal of treatment
• Inter-collegial or interdisciplinary conflicts: conflicts between physicians, nurses, hospital managerial, etc.
• Permissibility of using innovative or controversial treatments
• Scare resource allocation
How To Request for The Consult?
You can fill the google form here or send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your narratives containing at least the setting of the problem, the people involve, and your ethical concern. You can write in Bahasa Indonesia or English. Your identity and the identity of all the people and the setting in which the problem occurs will be kept confidential. Recommendations will be sent directly through your email address.